BEFORE YOU CANCEL
For your records, be sure to save proof of your current phone insurance. This can be your last phone bill or even a screenshot of your account details (found by logging into your Verizon account). You'll need to provide this proof in order to file a claim.
- Click here to go to the Verizon website.
- Enter your user ID or mobile number and password to log in. You will be redirected to the Change Features page.
- Scroll down to the Equipment Protection section (image below).
- Next to Total Equipment Coverage, click "Remove."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Next."
- On the following page, you'll be asked to review your changes. Click "Submit" to confirm your cancellation.
Cancel by Mail
Write a letter requesting the cancelation of your Total Equipment Coverage. Include your full name, billing address, Verizon mobile number, and a written request to cancel this service. Mail it to:
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Department
777 Big Timber Road
Elgin, IL 60123
Cancel by Phone
- From your Verizon phone, call Verizon customer support at 1-800-922-0204 or by dialing *611
(6am to 11pm, Mon-Sun).
- Press "2" to continue to the main menu.
- Press "4" to hear other options.
- Press "6" to speak with an agent.
- When connected with an agent, ask to cancel your insurance plan.
- For verification, you will be asked to enter your account password.
- Confirm your cancellation, and you're all set.